Monday, May 01, 2006

Information Overload

Wowie zowie, it's been a busy last few days. Had a great idea for a posting on Saturday, but then lots of other stuff happened. Even on the train when I was writing, stuff was happening. Damn stuff! Now, I really shouldn't even be writing about anything, I should be transcribing. Bad me. But, what to focus on here? Options include:
  • the guy who rolled and started smoking a blunt right across from me on the G train
  • my first contact with Staten Island (all five boroughs, baby)
  • playing for NYC's most successful Russian-Jewish citizens at a fundraiser event in the UN building at which Hillary Clinton spoke * (and I forgot to take the *@^#ing camera, so sorry, no visuals)
  • the Russian-Jewish-specializing club date band which enabled the last two potential topics
  • last night's house-fire across the street
  • the hot pink CD-holding portion of my new Al Green CD's jewel case
  • long-awaited purchase of Ray Charles's Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music (yabaaaaiii!!)
  • finding "black music" in Greenpoint
  • the effect of technology marketing on personal freedom
I'm paralyzed by the choices. Perhaps I should come back later and see which muse blows flirtatiously in my ear. Yes yes. Check back later for expansions. I suppose I can also take requests.

* Next posting will include a sentence having even more prepositions.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My votes:

I DEFINITELY want to hear more about the fire across the street--how did I miss it and where was your camera then??

And more about black music in Greenpoint please...

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, we had quite a little fire in Greenpoint today, eh?

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home