Thursday, April 06, 2006

I'll Punch Somebody In The Head For Some Cake

Many thanks to Mark for this hopeful glimpse into the life of an aspiring musican. We like to think that it could be true, but that's all part of the humor, I guess.

I know a couple of you checked out WFMU's second Cake-a-thon yesterday. I'm sorry for any permanent damage. But for those of you who missed it, I highly suggest you listen, first, to the original (MP3) version of this senseless bit of poetry, and then see how many of the 200+ listener submissions you can stomach. Yesterday and the previous Wednesday, the three hours of Intelligent Design with Kenny G were busting at the seams with these many, many interpretations. I think I made it through about an hour, and was still laughing. Here's to hoping they do it again next week, maybe I can crank out a version of my own.

After listening for a while, I've decided that I really like Sufjan Stevens, but too many times through Seven Swans gives me this unexplicable urge to beat him up. Go figure.

I finally happened to have Michelle's camera handy when my lappy crashed its often recurring crash. What IS that in the upper left-hand corner? Looks like some Linux or something. Is it bad? Very yes. If a good ole wipe-n-reinstall won't fix it, I'll likely start a New Lappy For Dave fund, which donations can be given through PayPal.

8 Comments:

Blogger E. Luther said...

Oh ye frighteningly prolific one,

DIdn't I tell you to embrace Soof-Yahn (soft j, like in yazz flute or yogging) like 90 million years ago?

3:41 PM  
Blogger David said...

Frighteningly prolific? hmm. Well, I have liked him for a while, but it's the beat-up urge that's come up recently.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ye Olde Faqqe:

http://www.index-site.com/kernelpanic.html

(Sorry, I know I'm supposed to write something witty and in-the-know, but...well....fuck you!)

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, that's not Linux there ya' got but rather OS X's Darwin kernel which is based on BSD (a UNIX variant http://www.bsd.org/ of which many flavors now exist, perhaps the most popular being FreeBSD http://freebsd.org/). Apple couldn't use the Linux kernel because the GPL licensing that governs Linux would have forced Apple to make the OS completely open-source. By building on BSD (which is governed by the so-called BSD License which is more flexible than the GPL license) Apple could take what they want from the open-source BSD kernel, alter it and use it in their own closed OS, which underneath the glitz of OS 10.x is called Darwin.

Unfortunately, all that is beside the point. It looks like your lappy is fucked.

1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got a new laptop myself. i recommend that option. It's got garageband and everything. And the windows a swish around and make rippled like they're floating in GUI pee. F that kernal popping up in yer punim, yo. And de new lappy is short enough to fit in my hipsack for the express porpoises of rollin top my folder. Spitze!!! ps STRONGBAD RULES

1:43 AM  
Blogger Moderator said...

I don't think Sufjan would put up much of a fight.

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude. that whole cake mp3. wow. funny....but......what the f???

yours truely-
katie moniaci

12:13 AM  
Blogger David said...

exactly. I think the magic really comes through when you listen to 30 or so listener submissions back to back for about two hours. Cathartic, really. Jon and Chris don't get it. They don't even think it's funny. Pathetic lil' wanks, they don't even know what they're missing.

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home