Friday, May 05, 2006

Going There

I apologize to all for the apparent neglect of this precious blog. Really, I have so many things to write about, but I have been transcribing way too much, and the last thing one wants to do after a solid day of typing is more typing. I hope you can understand. Next week, I'll post like seven times on Monday. Promise.

Four days later, I still wake up and smell the Greenpoint warehouse fire, which is still burning, I believe. So strange that after the house fire across the street Sunday night, Tuesday morning would put me less than a mile away from NYC's biggest fire in 10 years (not counting the Trade Center). I haven't poked around yet with the camera, but the NY Times article, linked above, has an amazing slideshow.

Anyone looking for a 10 minute distraction? Check out the latter portion of Stephen Colbert's speech at the White House Correspondents' dinner. Wow. You'll spend the whole time cringing, cheering, and thanking God for the 1st Amendment. If you want the full-length, 26-minute, higher quality version, it can be found here.

Coincidentally, scroll down the Crooks and Liars page to This is not "Hot Air", which is also one of the best/worst things I've seen lately.

I may have a guest posting later on today. Keep checking...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home