Monday, June 25, 2007

Night Drivin'


It's almost 3:30 in the morning, and we're a few hours into our drive from Basel to Amsterdam, a 10 hour adventure if I am correct. In an unprecedented move, we're making the drive overnight right after the gig instead of doing it during the following day. Why one would rather have a full day off in Amsterdam instead of spending it in a bus I can only wonder, but I'm sure it'll be a good time for all. I'm also wondering why we're currently tooling along two-lane streets in some German town instead of balling down the Autobahn, but I should probably know better than to question the wisdom of our driver.

Pictured above is the front-upstairs lounge on our bus, a remarkable example of fabled German engineering. From the beginning, I've been meaning to post a video tour of the bus, 'cause it's quite a trip. Maybe if I'm feeling appropriately perky tomorrow morning...

I owe a pictorial show-and-tell of Munich, which hasn't been forgotten. Soon and very soon.

But now, my first attempt to get a good night's sleep on a moving bus. Thinking earplugs might be the way to go, and hoping for the best.

1 Comments:

Blogger OCSheri said...

Hi Dave,

Love your blog, the writing, the pictures. Very cool seeing and hearing about your lives on the road. Be careful on the bus...don't go to the bathroom too early in the morning, it can be dangerous! (Ask Kasim, he'll understand) Have a great trip home!

Best, Sheri (ex-Brooklyn gal!)

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home